[linux-elitists] mount options frenzy!

Jason Wright peewee@scc.mi.org
Thu Mar 29 12:44:26 PST 2001

On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 12:36:19PM -0800, Don Marti spewed forth:

> Well, it's time for the elitists of the world to go through our fstabs
> and say what we're mounting how, so that I can create the Canonical
> Mount Options Chart to educate those less elite than ourselves.

on my production webservers:

www1:~ ] mount | grep apache
/dev/hda11 on /usr/local/apache type ext2 (rw,nosuid,nodev)
/dev/hda12 on /usr/local/apache/htdocs type ext2 (ro,noexec,nosuid,nodev)

apache itself is chroot()'d into /usr/local/apache.

(i hadn't considered noatime.  it's not an issue at the load these
machines have.  as an aside, does noatime matter on a ro filesystem?)

soon, there's going to be a ramdisk at /usr/local/apache/tmp (or so) mounted
ro,noexec,nosuid to give cgis a place to write tempfiles.  we're
fighting hard with marketing to keep the site static, but we're losing.

PeeWee

--
email: peewee@scc.mi.org - useless: http://www.scc.mi.org/peewee/ - efnet:  Pwe
i aspire to be the village idiot. however, i do live in the global village. -me