[linux-elitists] Zelerate folds

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Thu Mar 29 01:03:43 PST 2001

On 29 Mar 2001, Paul J Collins wrote:

> The only reaction your yet another of your companies getting eaten
> alive by the ghouls on Wall Street is to feast on a big bowl of tulip
> bulbs.
>
> I can almost *feel* the death-cramps.

It's not the vultures on wall street that's the problem.

Most of the people who invested in the dot com boom were:

a) inexperienced investors
b) who traded online
c) who invested in dot coms primarily because they liked the company's web
site.

Now if that isn't lame, what is?

I advised "Clorox and Caterpillar" last year about January to people who
were listening. After all, the demand for bleach IS pretty inelastic and
we all know that backhoes are THE anti-technology stock.

--
_Deirdre   NEW Stash-o-Matic: http://fuzzyorange.com  http://deirdre.net
                                                         - Douglas Adams