[linux-elitists] California-proof motherboard

Aaron Lehmann aaronl@vitelus.com
Thu Mar 22 19:19:54 PST 2001

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 05:09:31PM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:
> I'm also a little concerned about the software end of things.
> Specifically, fsck times.  There's a machine I'm about to rebuild,
> following the most-recent rolling-blackout follies, and am vacillating
> between ext3 and reiserfs for the larger filesystems.

I encourage you to consider XFS, the port of SGI's high-end filesystem
to Linux. I've been using it for months and it has performed flawlessly.
Rumor has it that 1.0 is comming out in early April.