[linux-elitists] California-proof motherboard

Raghavendra Bhat ragu@vsnl.com
Thu Mar 22 18:58:12 PST 2001

Rick Moen posts [Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 05:39:47PM -0800]:

> I'm concerned about fsck times for machines that have large
> filesystems.

Not only fsck times but I/O issues here forced me to switch to
reiserfs.  Smaller files in mail spools really benefit from
using reiserfs, particularly exim running on a SCSI HDD.

Your fear of the unknown as far as crash/change of reiserfs
(Reiser also incompatibly changed the format once) will not
hold much weight when real live issues like performance hits
due to file I/O and power glitches loom large !

As the Debian developers' say 'unstable' is what it means.  User
Beware.  unstable == as good as stable.

--
ragOO, VU2RGU
Keeping the  Air-Waves FREE...........Amateur Radio