[linux-elitists] Open-sourcing a book

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Thu Mar 22 17:23:16 PST 2001

begin  Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO quotation of Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 08:06:57PM -0500:

> The source of information is every bit as important as the
> infomration itself.

The purpose of Bastard Reverse Copyleft is to abandon responsibility
for a work, by forcing redistributors to take responsibility for it
themselves. To comply with BRCL, you must not only remove the original
author's name, but assert authorship in every practical medium -- no
fair taking my name off BRCL software and putting a note on your web
site "that shitty program is really by Don Marti but the license won't
let me attach his name to it."

Note that nothing prevents you from applying your own BRCL once you
claim credit.  This is good for the original author because it further
muddles the origin of the work.