[linux-elitists] Open-sourcing a book

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Thu Mar 22 16:49:33 PST 2001

begin  Don Marti Uses GIFs on the Sly quotation:

> Before anyone goes submitting BRCL to OSI or anything, I'm concerned
> about an author's ability to disclaim implied warranties in a
> BRCL-licensed work.

Are we litigious enough, already, that we need to disclaim warranties
even on documentation and essays?  Or is that next year?

Of course, since you didn't take the precaution of issuing the idea of
bastard reverse copyleft _under_ bastard reverse copyleft, one would
naturally attempt to deflect liability onto the concept's inventor....

rick@linuxmafia.com                           Or denied.  So there.