[linux-elitists] Open-sourcing a book

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Thu Mar 22 16:26:01 PST 2001

begin  Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO quotation:

> Not on the Internet.  Things disappear.

If the two essays in question disappeared, it'd means that I'm no longer
saying them on the Net.  Aaron's example was a page quoting "what Rick
says about internal modems."  In your (above) hypothetical, I'm no
longer saying it.

But my licensing _does_ permit any subset of the pages to be used in any
way without attribution, so there's no reason those "things" need
disappear:  Just the attribution would, in such a case.

So, any requirement for continuity-of-knowledge is satisfied, as is my
desire for control over what I appear to be stating in public.

(Again, please imagine that we're talking about some documents less
trivial than my "rants", and such.  That was just the only example I
have on hand, of where the licensor has two different objectives.)

rick@linuxmafia.com                           Or denied.  So there.