[linux-elitists] California-proof motherboard

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Thu Mar 22 13:34:55 PST 2001

Attention Linux elitists, hardware division:

I'm looking for a decent server motherboard, preferably low-cost, one
AMD CPU, that will reliably power back up when the UPS brings the power
back up after a rolling blackout. (My current Athlon board doesn't do
this so will be devoted to desktop stuff only. And I'd really prefer
not to buy any more Intel stuff.) Also, what UPS are people using? I'm
getting a bigger one and putting this one in charge of the answering
machine and DSL box.

I know, I should move everything to low-power ARM CPUs and solar panels,
you don't have to say it.