[linux-elitists] PNG revolution: Ubersoft leads trend

Thu Mar 22 11:23:32 PST 2001

Chris Wright, creater of the Übersoft comic, which he's proclaimed to be
the first PNG web comic (and is advertised as such on the
burnallgifs.org website), notes:

    It's quite astounding. A lot of the comics on Keenspot are now
    switching over from GIFs to PNGs, mostly because I pointed out my
    file sizes reduced by the amount they did.  I think within the next
    two weeks or so the majority of web comics on Keenspot will be
    PNGed.

    http://pub13.ezboard.com/fiwetheyfrm117.showMessage?topicID=286.topic

Chris hangs out on IWETHEY, a 'blog I'm occasionally found on.

Ubersoft oppresses the universe from http://www.ubersoft.net/

Waytogo Chris!