[linux-elitists] Bessen and Maskin vs. Aharonian cage bout!

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Wed Mar 21 22:53:44 PST 2001

The famous MIT economists answer Greg's criticism in PATNEWS.
They mention the "software patents in Europe" issue about which
something should be going up on linuxjournal.com tomorrow.

Also, Stambler: dumb fish in wrong barrel? Have to wait and see.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to meet with an Eric Anders(e|o)n from IBM (anyone
have info on him?) up in San Francisco. Looks like our Ogilvy people
-- Tom and Andy -- are passing the patent issue up the corporate food
chain. I must be a more in-demand model than I thought. No justice, no
peace!

Anyway, here's that fun stuff from PATNEWS:

----- Forwarded message from clients@bustpatents.com -----

Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 22:43:35 -0800
From: clients@bustpatents.com
Subject: PATNEWS: Comments from author whose economics paper I criticized
To: srctran@bustpatents.com

!20010321  Comments from author whose economics paper I criticized

    Recently I criticized a paper on the economics of software patents.
I attached my original PATNEWS item below.  One of the authors of the
paper responded with the following email message.  But first, a message
from another reader:

        A couple of months ago you plugged my site for free US patent
        downloads at http://www.alphapatent.com/downloader.cgi.  I have
        now expanded my site to include free downloads of patent document
        for EP, PCT, JP, GB, and other countries.

        Dan Swirsky
        AlphaPatent Associates Ltd.
        dswirsky@alphapatent.com

    Also, anyone been hit with letters from H&R Block over the 5,706,442.
I might be taking that one down as well.

Greg Aharonian
Internet Patent News Service