[linux-elitists] San Diego

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Wed Mar 21 15:57:55 PST 2001

On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 10:41:54AM -0800, Seth David Schoen wrote:

> Yeah, if I wanted to talk about the Bootable Business Card, would they
> give me a hotel room?

I don't see why not -- you should mail Brian (and make an Ogg Vorbis copy
of your talk for us back at home.)

I don't know where SDLUG's wealth comes from -- "I'm in editorial."

Just got back from Santa Clara University, where Chris DiBona and I
spoke at a "Is Microsoft Afraid of Open Source" event that kind of
turned into a "Software Patents are Destroying Civilization" event.
I got some copies of good law papers though.  More later.

Remember how Bruce Perens bought an ad on "Eric Raymond" on Google?
Well, I did a sample ad on AdWords to see how much he's spending, and
Google estimates that "Eric Raymond" gets 4,000 impressions a month,
and would cost $60. "Bruce Perens" gets 0 impressions/mo -- no charge.
"Linus Torvalds" 1,300 impressions/mo for $19.50, and "Don Marti" tied
with Eric for 4,000 and $60. I'm bad, I'm nationwide.

I am not in New York City right now.

No meetings with IBM people about the patent issue scheduled yet. This
will be necessary for me to be in their photo shoot.  Still bugging
the Ogilvy people.