[linux-elitists] San Diego

Wed Mar 21 10:33:11 PST 2001

on Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 10:26:17AM -0800, Don Marti (dmarti@linuxjournal.com) wrote:
> When I went to speak at the San Diego LUG, they provided great
> hospitality, hotel, pizza and beer, and all I had to do was rant about
> software patents and DRM.  A good deal all the way around.
>
> So if you're interested in going down to San Diego and speaking
> about your project or whatever, please mail Brian Hedges
> <brianh@delphiresearch.com> and he'll set the whole thing up for you.
> Turnkey.

Incidentally, how do they provide for this -- they charging dues or not?

I know this is a bit of a hot button with SVLUG, in part because we're
really a splinter SIG of...what is it, the South Bay PC Users Group or
something?  I've thought that separation and a bit of financial base
might be a good thing.