[linux-elitists] [susette@blackwellsf.com: SEEKING LINUX USERS FOR DOCUMENTARY STYLE PHOTO SHOOT IN SF]

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Mon Mar 19 11:53:52 PST 2001

begin  Mr. Bad quotation of Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 10:19:51AM -0800:

> I dunno, the whole ad campaign seems like a nerd-for-hire
> selloff. BUT, I am perfectly willing to grow a great big Unix beard,
> wear birkenstocks and white socks, put on some Blackface and jive and
> shuck for Mistuh Innuhlockituh if it means IBM would go in with both
> feet on, say, patents, copy unprotection, and defense of fair use.

Tabinda will make sure they don't bullshit me, by giving me a secret
signal. She is completely bullshit-proof as far as I can tell.

No photos without patent negotiations!

In order for them to use me in the ads, I'm going to want at least some
kind of committment to talks on software patents and DRM. This should
include scheduling a trip for at least me, Seth, and Tabinda (if they
want to come) to meet with Real IBM Lawyers(tm) about the software
patent issue.

So, if you get a call from them to show up for some photo shoot, please
don't give them your face for nothing. They're looking for ways to
spend money and get ink, and you can help them do that.