[linux-elitists] RFC 2015 (MIME and PGP) -- RFC status?

Aaron Sherman ajs@ajs.com
Tue Mar 13 13:04:15 PST 2001

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 12:12:39PM -0800, kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> on Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 11:29:05AM -0500, Aaron Sherman (ajs@ajs.com) wrote:

> > This is one of the many reasons that I'm hesitant about the idea.
> >
> > Signing documents actually has a lot more implications than encrypting
> > them.
>
> Such as?  Legal status of digital signatures, perhaps?

And all of the other reasons that have been mentioned: unauthorized
use, resistance to automated signing, etc. There's a lot tangled up
there. To encrypt all mail is something that most people can get over,
since for MOST people, turning the mail into SMTP over TCP/IP *is*
encryption ;-)

--
Aaron Sherman
ajs@ajs.com		finger ajskey@b5.ajs.com for GPG info. Fingerprint: