[linux-elitists] RFC 2015 (MIME and PGP) -- RFC status?

Aaron Sherman ajs@ajs.com
Tue Mar 13 08:29:05 PST 2001

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 12:11:30AM -0800, Wil Cooley wrote:
> Thus spake Aaron Sherman:
>
> > A compliant application could, for example, provide you an interface
> > for turning on automatic signing of messages. These signatures would
> > be as reasonable as any other. Verifying the signatures could be done
> > automatically too.
>
> What about when the application gets "smart" enough to get worms and
> send signed messages on its own?

This is one of the many reasons that I'm hesitant about the idea.

Signing documents actually has a lot more implications than encrypting
them.

I'm leaning toward a related specification for signing that I'll work
on when/if PPS takes off.

--
Aaron Sherman
ajs@ajs.com		finger ajskey@b5.ajs.com for GPG info. Fingerprint: