[linux-elitists] RFC 2015 (MIME and PGP) -- RFC status?

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Mon Mar 12 16:37:27 PST 2001

begin  Aaron Lehmann quotation:

> I like this. It doesn't really help for message signing becuase there
> is no way to trust keys that are not exchanged securely (a major flaw
> of PGP).

Having Bruce Scneier's discussion in _Secrets and Lies_ of the pervasive
problems inherent in key-management and certificates, I am curious about
your views on how exchanging keys _securely_ might work.

I hope "securely" doesn't signify anything as proximately meaningless as
having them frobbed by cryptographic signatures.

--
Cheers,             We write precisely            We say exactly
Rick Moen           Since such is our habit in    How to do a thing or how