[linux-elitists] RFC 2015 (MIME and PGP) -- RFC status?

Aaron Lehmann aaronl@vitelus.com
Mon Mar 12 16:16:08 PST 2001

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 07:03:57PM -0500, Aaron Sherman wrote:
> Please feel free to have a look at http://www.ajs.com/~ajs/pps/ and
> let me know if you have any comments. PPS is short for Passive Privacy
> System, and combines PGP encryption with passive key-exchange.

I like this. It doesn't really help for message signing becuase there is
no way to trust keys that are not exchanged securely (a major flaw of
PGP). But if the goal is not to establish my identity but to allow other
people to send encrypted mail to me (whoever _I_ may be), including key
fingerprints in a standard way is a good idea.