[linux-elitists] Re: web logging proxy?

Gerald Oskoboiny gerald@impressive.net
Fri Mar 9 11:11:37 PST 2001

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 12:42:35PM +0100, Eugene Leitl wrote:

> I'm really getting ticked off about the state of the art in computer
> software. Nutscrape has a creeping memory leak and doesn't remember the
> webtrail, [...]

> I guess this means I need a logging proxy which doesn't interfere too
> badly. Do you know a good one, preferably in Perl or Python? Perhaps
> one which also strips the cookies and the ad business?

I have an archiving proxy/cache [1] on my desktop that uses Squid
with a short perl script to copy files out of its cache into a
persistent archive.

I would really like to replace it with a simple http proxy
cache/archive written in perl or python. (if it's in python,
Medusa [2] sounds like it would be useful.)

[1] http://impressive.net/people/gerald/1999/01/http-archive/
[2] http://www.nightmare.com/medusa/index.html