[linux-elitists] /usr/games/fortune is evil

Steve Beattie steve@wirex.net
Thu Mar 8 14:02:52 PST 2001

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 04:08:38PM -0500, jim@valinux.com wrote:

> How many people on this list can directly correlate their current
> job to their bachelor's degree?

I can, my bachelors (in CS) let me go to grad school (also CS) where I
met my advisor. From there, we both went to our startup so we could
incorporate the security research we had been working on into real
products. And thus we have Immunix.

Granted, there was a side-track into sysadminning at a dead-tree
publishing company between undergraduate and grad school, but that just
convinced me that working in IT at mega-corps was not what I wanted to do.

--
Steve Beattie                               Don't trust programmers?
<steve@wirex.net>                         Complete StackGuard distro at