[linux-elitists] /usr/games/fortune is evil

Jason Wright peewee@scc.mi.org
Thu Mar 8 13:45:49 PST 2001

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 04:08:38PM -0500, jim@valinux.com spewed forth:

> How many people on this list can directly correlate their current
> job to their bachelor's degree?

i have a bachelor's in math.  michigan tech didn't have 'official'
minors at the time, but if it did, mine would have been in compsci.
i knew what unix was, but i was just a basic user at the time.

i got my first 'real' job after college, unix tech support at kmart
world headquarters, in large part because i had a degree.  neither that
job, nor any job i've had since has had anything to do with my
bachelor's.  however, without the experience i got at the first job, i
doubt that i would have gotten my second, which was my real break.

PeeWee

--
email: peewee@scc.mi.org - useless: http://www.scc.mi.org/peewee/ - efnet:  Pwe
i aspire to be the village idiot. however, i do live in the global village. -me