[linux-elitists] /usr/games/fortune is evil

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Thu Mar 8 13:43:25 PST 2001

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001 jim@valinux.com wrote:

> How many people on this list can directly correlate their current job
> to their bachelor's degree?

Me. Strangely, my bachelor's has nothing to do with programming (it's in
writing science fiction) but I have gotten much higher-quality offers
since I received it.

Imho, the point of college is not what one learns specifically, but that
it shows commitment to a long task. That is quite a valuable job skill.

--
_Deirdre   NEW Stash-o-Matic: http://fuzzyorange.com  http://deirdre.net
                                                         - Douglas Adams