[linux-elitists] /usr/games/fortune is evil

Aaron Lehmann aaronl@vitelus.com
Wed Mar 7 23:52:50 PST 2001

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 10:45:18PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> OTOH, a tiny little voice inside me says that this is
> sufficient reaosn to move that quote to the fortunes-off package.

I was planning on filing a bug over that until I looked up the quote
and found that it had context and an attribution. If presented in the
form that the school saw it (first line only), it would be pretty
clearly offensive by Debian's own fortune-minipolicy.

I'm not planning to file any bugs since clearly Debian is not at fault
in this case. With the attribution, the quote is still pushing it but
is not anything too offensive for a normal person to handle.