[linux-elitists] /usr/games/fortune is evil

Wil Cooley wcooley@nakedape.cc
Wed Mar 7 21:56:12 PST 2001

Thus spake Aaron Lehmann:

> They printed it out. But not all of it. Only the first page, which
> contained only the first line of this quote. Then they read that first
> line, thought it was the complete statement, freaked out, and called
> the cops thinking it was a columbine threat. It wasn't pretty. I needed
> to track down a computer science teacher to prove to them that fortune
> was not an instrument of mass destruction. The kid "...fit the typical
> profile perfectly." Euuagh.

I put in a request at unamerican.com for a bumpersticker that has:

(big letters) STOP PICKING ON GEEKS
(small letters) and we won't shoot you

Sorry if the administrators print this message out too.

Wil
--
W. Reilly Cooley                         wcooley@nakedape.cc
Naked Ape Consulting                      http://nakedape.cc

The public demands certainties;  it must be told definitely and a bit
raucously that this is true and that is false.  But there are no certainties.
		-- H.L. Mencken, "Prejudice"