[linux-elitists] ICANN frenzy! (yawn)

Rusty Foster rusty@kuro5hin.org
Tue Mar 6 20:03:59 PST 2001

Don Marti wrote:

 > DNS is a consensus reality, but some people's consensus reality is
 > more fucked up than others. I know that some of you on this list
 > are ICANN members, and some (all?) of you have .org domains. What
 > do you all think about this?  If it's ok to quote you in LJ please
 > let me know.
 >
 > (I know I don't want to get non-profit status to keep _my_ .org...)

(Feel free to quote me)

What? ICANN actually do anything?

With the stalling (again) of the seven deadl^H^H^H^H^Hnew TLD's
(http://www.kuro5hin.org/?op=displaystory&sid=2001/3/3/145321/2991), I
have very little fear that ICANN will ever actually do anything. So,
whether or not they threaten to take away .org from everyone and go home
and play with it alone in their room is pretty much irrelevant.

If we ignore them, maybe they'll go away.

BTW, look for www.kuro5hin.bbs on OpenNIC very soon.

--R
--
Rusty Foster             | "What am I doing?
rusty@kuro5hin.org       | I'm quietly judging you."