[linux-elitists] p2p, MLP, SMTP, and MP3 for You and Me

Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Tue Mar 6 18:17:28 PST 2001

> Anyone who in this day and age can throw around Vidkun Quisling
> references, without making them stand out as peculiar, is an A-1
> troublemaker in my book.

OK

I'll byte - who is Vidkun Quisling?

> It would be good to know whether HP would be able to invoke the
> all-purpose excuse of protecting third-party IP rights.  But I'm not
> familiar enough with OpenMail to help.

I thought about that right away.  I don't see anything on the HP site
anouncing this.

> On a different note, I've become tired of people asking me about Linux
> support for Microsoft's whack-assed not-quite-MPEG-4 streaming video
> format.  So, here's a draft FAQ.  Corrections/comments from people with
> actual _competence_ in multimedia (which I sorely lack) will be
> welcome.

Frankly, in both the cases of I really feel - the hell with the MS crap...
porting stuff to it is a waste of effort and plays into MS's hands by
wasting resources keeping up with their junk, rather than creating better
stuff for Linux and turning the tables.

Ruben

--
Brooklyn Linux Solutions