[linux-elitists] rsync for backup

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Thu Mar 1 17:35:03 PST 2001

begin  Heather quotation:

> One of the Answer Gang threads in this month's LG is about someone using
> dd to backup their notebook.  Maybe it will help, maybe not.

Yeah, I didn't really want to get into that, partly on account of the 2
GB filesize limit (on 32-bit Linux), partly because the knowledgebase
item was supposed to concentrate on _copying directories_ -- less so
on backups as such.

> Once you step onto the path of the Dark Side, forever will it haunt your
> destiny :>

Well, yeah, but I noticed that the Answer Gang article resorted to an
NFS (No Frigging Security) filestore.  ;->

--
Cheers,                              "Open your present...."
Rick Moen                            "No, you open your present...."