[linux-elitists] rsync for backup

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Thu Mar 1 10:16:34 PST 2001

If you read pricewatch.com, you'll see that, for home users and small
sites, it's cheaper to get a second computer and back up your files to
it over rsync than to install a high-capacity tape drive.

And tape drives are kind of hard to sell hobbyists on, while they can
always use the second computer for something else.  (Hell, does anybody
still have just one computer?)

I'm using rsync to back up my stuff but the script I have is not exactly
a thing of beauty. Does anyone have an rsync backup script that you run
from cron and that you're willing to share?