[linux-elitists] Comercial Software Sucks

Ruben I Safir - Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Thu Mar 1 07:39:03 PST 2001

Does anyone have any experiece with Sybases Open Client Drivers to
run the Microsoft RDMS from Linux.  I've really had a tough time with it.
I had origianlly tried to use the Sybase ASE to gain access but only
succeeded with 2 of the 6 I need access to.  The freetds completely
fails to this point.  I can ping all the boxes without trouble.
I've tried Sybperl and DBD::Sybase

It's very fustrating.

If anyone has had expereince, I would apreciate some off list advise.

--
Brooklyn Linux Solutions
http://www.mrbrklyn.com

1-718-382-5752