[linux-elitists] M$ again and suggestion

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Fri Jun 22 23:35:59 PDT 2001

begin  Dan York quotation:

> As an aside, can anyone point to a definite source for this quotation?
> I see it attributed all the time to Mohandas Gandhi, but I have never
> been able to find out exactly when he said it, and if it was part of a
> larger speech.

Not in the sense you have in mind, I can't.  That is, I could play
silly games like "Ooh, now we know for sure that he really did say
it, because it's credited to him in a list of quotations linked
directly off Yahoo" (http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~robins/quotes.html) --
but I've found no source that claims to know when and under what
circumstances he said it -- if he really did.

--
Cheers,             "The genius of you Americans is that you never make
Rick Moen           clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid moves