[linux-elitists] M$ again and suggestion

Heather star@betelgeuse.starshine.org
Fri Jun 22 02:29:39 PDT 2001

> Dunno, this is about what I'd have expected. So now they're not laughing
> any longer, but fighting, we're 1) no longer negligable 2) one step short
> of "winning" (assuming, open source was in a conflict with Redmond, which
> it isn't, as any impact on proprietary warez peddlers is just by side effect).

...then they laugh at you
	...then you win.

If they want to turn it into "who wins/who loses" ... it's our task to simply
plug on doing things that work, because then we (and others who decide not
to be sheep and get fleeced) will "win".

Although really, umpteen years later when it's all history, some student is
bound to raise their hand in class and say something like "why did a company
under antitrust 'sentencing' decide to do something so obviously monopolistic?"

Heh.

* Heather *
IX. For every vengeance there is an equal and opposite revengeance.
		-- Esquire, "O'Donnell's Laws of Cartoon Motion", June 1980