[linux-elitists] M$ again and suggestion

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Fri Jun 22 01:08:18 PDT 2001

begin  Aaron Sherman quotation:

> ...If you want to build GPL'd software, you have to do it without the
> MIT. Seems fair, they can restrict it to two little ladies in Rye New
> York, if they want.

Sounds right to me.  I won't miss it.  As far as I'm concerned, the
more Microsoft Corporation squeezes and controls its willing victims,
the more assistance Papa Darwin gains thereby.

I don't even care whether Microsoft is abusing the legal rights of
people who participate in this folly.  They may well be.  If the victims
want to bring suit to let Microsoft shoot only _antiseptic_ holes in
their feet, that's up to them.  (I don't buy all the ".NET Will Conquer
All" Chicken-Little-ism now in fashion.)

--
Cheers,                                      "Reality is not optional."
Rick Moen                                             -- Thomas Sowell