[linux-elitists] M$ again and suggestion

Heather star@betelgeuse.starshine.org
Thu Jun 21 16:40:49 PDT 2001

> > (c) Open Source. Recipient's license rights to the Software are
> > conditioned upon Recipient (i) not distributing such Software, in
> > whole or in part, in conjunction with Potentially Viral Software (as
> > defined below);

Okay, I know I'm coming late to the game, but isn't comparing Potentially
Viral Software Licenses (GPL, the AT&T source license, any "you have to carry
my note with you" license, or in fact most music contracts - anything
that actually restricts what the heck you could do with derivitives by
making you carry on license terms to the Nth end-user) with Potentially
Viral Operating Environments kinda like, un, comparing orange seeds with
orange skins?

* Heather * I don't care what operating system you use. I just want it to
            actually be a system, and actually operate. -- me.