[linux-elitists] M$ again and suggestion

Jeremy McLeod jeremym@loonix.org
Thu Jun 21 14:58:16 PDT 2001

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 10:10:31PM +0200, Brenno J.S.A.A.F. de Winter wrote:

>> "Potentially Viral Software"!! Wow!
>
>I don't know what to think of this any more. It makes me *very* sad. Are
>they totally out of their ....... mind or is this indeed a trick to take
>away the attention of central authentication of .NOT?

You can develop software using this Mobile Internet Toolkit and any open source
tools you like, and distribute that software.

What you can't do is develop software that includes all or part of the
Mobile Internet Toolkit, using open source tools, and distribute that software,
according to item 1 section (c) parts (i) and (ii).  I think.

It's just another hook they can use to pursue litigation against open
source developers who wish to contribute to .NET (for some strange
reason), and to force developers to use Microsoft Approved Products(tm).

--
Jeremy McLeod
jeremym@loonix.org

No small art is it to sleep: it is necessary for that purpose to keep
awake all day.
		-- Nietzsche