[linux-elitists] HTML search engines

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Sun Jun 17 22:03:14 PDT 2001

begin Seth David Schoen quotation of Sun, Jun 17, 2001 at 09:43:02PM -0700:

> I see _Pigdog Journal_ is using ht://dig, so I take that as a major
> point in ht://dig's favor.

The Debian package for ht://dig is well-done, and the indexer runs
very quickly.  I had search working in half an hour.

I have an ht://Dig search for zgp.org (including the thread-per-page
archives for this list) at http://zgp.org/

OTOH, debian.org decided not to use ht://dig and went with
mnoGoSearch instead: http://search.mnogo.ru/  It seems to require
a SQL database though.

(Quick test: If you search zgp.org for "SQL"
you get the "Feuerstein on Oracle" thread at number one:
http://zgp.org/linux-elitists/20001019073039.A4171@zgp.org.html)

http://zgp.org/~dmarti    -- Bruce Schneier, Secrets and Lies, p. 246.
dmarti@zgp.org    Free the Web, burn all GIFs: http://burnallgifs.org/