[linux-elitists] Fair USe Protection and the Geek

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Sun Jun 17 19:37:52 PDT 2001

<quote who="Brooklyn Linux Solutions">

> I'd like to ask the folks around here, just what do you think it will take
> before the average LUG member type Linux Users will realize that protecting
> Fair Use and information access is essential to their lives as Linux Users
> and hackers.

LUG member type Linux users generally have a few very interested people
around to keep them aware of the issues (I know SLUG - S for Sydney -
does)... What about the newer "I bought it in a box" or "I downloaded the
ISO to have a play" Linux users?

- Jeff

--
     "Free software never simply picks up its marbles and goes home." -
                            Jonathan Corbet, LWN