[linux-elitists] Freeing parts of Unix?

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Thu Jun 14 06:52:46 PDT 2001

<quote who="Aaron Sherman">

> Will we see ksmb, kbind, ksmtp and kgnome?

We've already seen - as non-serious as it was - kORB (not entirely sure of
the correct name, but it was an ORB in the kernel nonetheless). :)

[ That actually inspired some Great Slashdot Cluelessness in the form of,
"GNOME? In the kernAL? OMG you're turning Linux into Windows!!!" etc. ]

The ability to pick and choose what's kernel-worthy based on your needs is
definitely worthwhile, though.

- Jeff

--
  "GIMP is the primary tool in my graphics work. It is my gcc and Emacs."
                        - Tuomas Kuosmanen (tigert)