[linux-elitists] Freeing parts of Unix?

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Tue Jun 12 15:20:31 PDT 2001

We've had some rumors floating around for a while about Caldera
putting some Unix userspace stuff under an OSI-compatible license --
a GPL-compatible standard one, not a YAFL.  (The UnixWare kernel
is off-limits though.)  The rumors seem to be pretty accurate.

But of course there's always lawyer time involved in relicensing
old proprietary software, so...  anyone with access to or memories
of a Unix box -- got any priorities of stuff you want to see free?
(And don't say "compress".)

http://zgp.org/~dmarti    -- Bruce Schneier, Secrets and Lies, p. 246.
dmarti@zgp.org    Free the Web, burn all GIFs: http://burnallgifs.org/