[linux-elitists] Pompous Top 10 List

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Fri Jun 8 13:40:14 PDT 2001

begin Rusty Foster quotation of Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 04:33:53PM -0700:

> It runs linux (except APM doesn't %&$*#@%& work), gets 9 hours
> on one charge,

"If I could walk _that_ way, I wouldn't _need_ aftershave."

> I want T1 from a satellite, dammit.

Satellites (until Ian Kluft et al. get their stuff into orbit) are so
top-down.

Maybe combine WiFi and web of trust -- your laptop should carry a
"letter of introduction" from operators of networks that peer with
yours, who know you're a good person, don't spam, and offer access
to others.  Your laptop presents the "letter of introduction" to
the WiFi base station where you happen to be, and it lets you on.
Meanwhile your base station back home is helping out other known
good people.

http://zgp.org/~dmarti    -- Bruce Schneier, Secrets and Lies, p. 246.
dmarti@zgp.org    Free the Web, burn all GIFs: http://burnallgifs.org/