[linux-elitists] Zope? Nope!

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Fri Jun 8 13:31:09 PDT 2001

begin Aaron T Porter quotation of Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 01:20:43PM -0700:

> 	In the message dialog, there's a little red flag followed by the
> text. I think there's a little red flag in the index view too.

So far, the best way to mess with MS-Outlook users is to combine

my_hdr X-Message-Flag: `message-flag`

with the "begin " trick, where message-flag is a script like this:

http://zgp.org/~dmarti/warez/message-flag

which generates headers like

...and of course the message text does appear blocked, because of
the "block " bug.  Help! says the MS-Outlook user -- my incoming
mail is being censored!

I had Mutt set up to do this in mail I posted to the pho list,
and it either sparked off a thoughtful conversation on whether
or not we can trust proprietary software not to censor speech,
or made people say I was being a dick.  I forget which.

http://zgp.org/~dmarti    -- Bruce Schneier, Secrets and Lies, p. 246.
dmarti@zgp.org    Free the Web, burn all GIFs: http://burnallgifs.org/