[linux-elitists] Zope? Nope!

Jonathan Corbet corbet-elite@lwn.net
Fri Jun 8 07:04:55 PDT 2001

> Zope, bah! (even as a python fiend, I hate Zope).
>
> Go for Nope instead:
>
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/nope/

Zope takes a while to get going with, and DTML is really too ugly to live.
But I seriously disagree with the idea that Nope is a replacement.  Nope is
a weblog/database front end system, as far as I can tell.  Zope is a
framework for giving objects an interface to the net.  You can do a lot of
cool things with it, including implementing a process/workflow control
system like CMF on top of it.

Somebody posted a pointer to webware, which is a lot closer to Zope in
intent.

I do take offense at the idea that I would post a pointer to a system that
uses Cold Fusion...:)

jon

Jonathan Corbet
Executive editor, LWN.net