[linux-elitists] What I'm sick of...

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre@deirdre.net
Fri Jun 8 01:47:32 PDT 2001

OK, I'm sick of companies calling me up seeing Linux on my resume wanting
me to write their TCP/IP stacks. Just don't.

Anyhow, I've seldom seen MORE schizo job ads than this one:

http://jobsearch.monster.com/jobs/11581004.asp

Other Requirements: Linux kernel internals and architecture, Linux device
driver development, Linux window managers, X server and a strong
background in low level hardware development and system performance
optimization. Languages include: C++, Java, Perl, Python, CGI and X86
Assembler.

Yeah, right, the people who write assembler are really gonna be up on
Java. Not. Systems people != applications people.

You know their real goal is a non-harfing Java, right? I just feel it in
my bones. Makes all those B-cells quiver.

--
_Deirdre     Stash-o-Matic: http://weirdre.com      http://deirdre.net
                                                         - Douglas Adams