[linux-elitists] Pompous Top 10 List

Greg KH greg@kroah.com
Thu Jun 7 14:43:05 PDT 2001

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 01:59:47PM -0700, Don Marti wrote:
> begin Seth David Schoen quotation of Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 01:13:08PM -0700:
>
> > > the Model Rocketry Safety Code of Host-based Security

- I will run all network services from non-privileged accounts (not
  root) to help minimize any damage that may be caused from future
  vulnerabilities.

- I will not run any network services that are not essential for the
  machine to do it's stated purpose.

(you would not believe the argument I got in today about why running
code as root that talks on the network (open ports on both sides) is not
a good idea...)

greg k-h