[linux-elitists] Plan 9

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue Jun 5 00:05:40 PDT 2001

begin  Mr. Bad quotation:

> You'd be amazed how much you're pissing me off, Aaron.

Evan, Aaron does have a point:  Plan 9 is has a sadly flawed licence.
(No, not the relicensing clause.)[1]  Inferno is a really sad case.
Life sucks, and AT&T management _really_ sucks.  But at least we have
*BSD and Linux.  And 9wm runs on all of those.

[1] Oddly enough, though, it may end up being declared DFSG-free and
OSD-compliant, just like APSL 1.2.  Neither of those yardsticks prohibts
"no private modifications" clauses.

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                          Ban the Bomb.