[linux-elitists] Re: Clearwater Allows Scientology, not Linux, Evangelism

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre@deirdre.net
Mon Jun 4 11:37:08 PDT 2001

> It's amusing, really, to think that Scientologists are allowed to spread
> their material and philosophy freely in Clearwater while Linux advocates
> are not allowed to do the same thing, at least while Microsoft is in
> town.

But not surprising.

Germany, for example, wouldn't allow some Microsoft products (Win2K? I
can't recall offhand) to be sold in Germany because it had crypto code
written by scientologists in it.

> Is it possible that Microsoft has been infiltrated by Scientologists?
> Could Bill Gates be a secret member? Or has Microsoft developed an
> internal culture so cultlike that it acts like an obnoxious religious
> cult without realizing it, not only internally, but in the way it deals
> with the outside world and any perceived competitors?

You mean I'm the only person who noticed this?

> Scientology did not start out as a religion. It became one to shield its
> activities from prying eyes, especially those of government.

This is incorrect. Dianetics was not (and never has been) a religion.
Scientology has been incorporated as a religious entity since its founding
in 1954.

--
_Deirdre     Stash-o-Matic: http://weirdre.com      http://deirdre.net
Macintosh Developer (seeking work): Will work for Cocoa