[linux-elitists] Re: Please help Josef Grosch and the Bay Area FreeBSD User Group

Josef Grosch jgrosch@mooseriver.com
Sun Jul 29 09:49:14 PDT 2001

On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 12:19:41AM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> One of our community needs _your_ help.
>
> Josef Grosch, whom some of you know from InstallFests, runs the site for
> our FreeBSD sister group, BAFUG.  BAFUG's domain has just been...
> stolen... and I use the term after due consideration, by a sleazemeister
> named Aaron Downey / Virtual Shopper, Inc., apparently operating out of
> the San Francisco Mission District.
>
> This putz actually has the unbelievable gall to want Josef to make him
> an offer to _buy_ the group's domain back from him!
>
> I'm just betting that _some_ of you know how to make this guy's life a
> living hell.  And that is a good thing.  I'm not telling you what to do;
> I'm just looking forward to people being creative.

Good news! I just got a call from Aaron Downey. He claims that register.com
screwed this up and that he has directed his network administrator to work
with register.com to fix the problem. So if you were planing on emailing
Mr. Downing. please DO NOT. It looks like the problem is being
fixed. Thanks for all you support.

Again, DO NOT contact Aaron Downey, bafug.org is being returned.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a | FreeBSD 4.3
jgrosch@MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | www.bafug.org