[linux-elitists] Re: Please help Josef Grosch and the Bay Area FreeBSD User Group

Josef Grosch jgrosch@mooseriver.com
Sun Jul 29 01:24:14 PDT 2001

On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 12:50:16AM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> One of our community needs _your_ help.
>
> Josef Grosch, whom some of you know from InstallFests, runs the site for
> our FreeBSD sister group, BAFUG.  BAFUG's domain has just been...
> stolen... and I use the term after due consideration, by a sleazemeister
> named Aaron Downey / Virtual Shopper, Inc., apparently operating out of
> the San Francisco Mission District.
>
> This putz actually has the unbelievable gall to want Josef to make him
> an offer to _buy_ the group's domain back from him!
>
> I'm just betting that _some_ of you know how to make this guy's life a
> living hell.  And that is a good thing.  I'm not telling you what to do;
> I'm just looking forward to people being creative.

Thanks for all your support. It is very gratifying to see that the Linux
and *BSD camps can put aside their (very minor) difference and unite for a
common goal, stopping domains from being stolen. I must, however, clarify
Ricks comments. I believe that when Rick said "make this guy's life a
living hell" that he meant basicly nag this guy until he returns
bafug.org. I hope that no one mistook that to be a call to commit illegal
acts. I ask you to call this guy on the phone, to send him emails and faxes
asking him to return bafug.org to it rightful place but please lets keep
this a clean fight.

Again, thanks

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a | FreeBSD 4.3
jgrosch@MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | www.bafug.org