[linux-elitists] EFF to meet w/ DoJ 9am Friday 27 July

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Wed Jul 25 17:16:48 PDT 2001

Just saw this on EFF's website, way to go, Robin et al!

    Electronic Frontier Foundation Advisory
    EFF to Negotiate with DoJ
    for Release of Dmitry Sklyarov
    For Immediate Release : July 25, 2001
    Contact:
    Will Doherty, EFF Online Activist / Media Relations,
      wild@eff.org,
      +1 415 436 9333 x111
    Robin Gross, EFF Staff Attorney - Intellectual Property,
      robin@eff.org,
      +1 415 436 9333 x112

    San Francisco - Representatives from the Electronic Frontier
    Foundation will meet at 9:00am Pacific Time, this Friday, July 27,
    with representatives from the office of the U.S. Attorney for the
    Northern District of California.

    EFF will make a good faith attempt at negotiations aimed at dropping
    all charges against Dmitry Sklyarov and securing his immediate
    release from jail.

    For more information about the Sklyarov case, see:
      http://www.eff.org/IP/DMCA/US_v_Sklyarov/

    Free Dmitry Sklarov campaign sites:
      http://www.freesklyarov.org/
      http://www.freedmitry.org/
    About EFF:

    The Electronic Frontier Foundation is the leading civil liberties
    organization working to protect rights in the digital world. Founded
    in 1990, EFF actively encourages and challenges industry and
    government to support free expression, privacy, and openness in the
    information society. EFF is a member-supported organization and
    maintains one of the most linked-to Web sites in the world:
    http://www.eff.org/

    - end -

Cheers.

   Are these opinions my employer's?  Hah!  I don't believe them myself!