[linux-elitists] Future of Adobe

Rick Bradley roundeye@roundeye.net
Tue Jul 24 12:13:39 PDT 2001

* Mr.Bad (mr.bad@pigdog.org) [010724 13:44]:
> How the hell are we supposed to get a movement up to make this happen?

[ ... other sentiments with which I strongly concur deleted ...]

> All said, it's important to realize that we have limited attention,
> funds, time, and people. Spending any time on making Adobe "pay" or
> making Adobe "repent" is foolhardy. We need to get Dmitry Sklyarov out
> of jail, and Adobe has conceded all we can get out of them to make
> that happen.

I don't agree with this however.  Adobe is in a position where they
may be convinced they have a further obligation to counter the bad
press they're receiving in anti-DMCA geek circles before it bleeds
over into bad press in Real Customer land.  Adobe has lots of
resources, including cold hard $, which could be used to Dmitry's
advantage if they believe that it will positively affect their bottom
line: