[linux-elitists] [declan@well.com: FC: Adobe bows to pressure, recommends release of Russian hacker]

Rusty Foster rusty@kuro5hin.org
Tue Jul 24 03:08:39 PDT 2001

"Mr.Bad" wrote:

>     KMS> Declan's take follows.  IMO: Adobe doesn't get it.  Yes, one
>     KMS> objective was to free someone unjustly arrested.  However,
>     KMS> the broader objective is to gut the law under which he was
>     KMS> arrested in the first place.  Adobe doesn't appear to
>     KMS> recognize that DMCA is fundamentally bad law, and a liability
>     KMS> to the company so long as it choses to exercise the law, as
>     KMS> we demonstrated today.
>
> You know what? Who cares what Adobe _thinks_? I don't care. Fuck Adobe
> and their shitheel attitude.
>
> I only care what Adobe _does_. And if Adobe does the things they say
> they're going to do, well, that's a great thing.

What Adobe said they were going to do:

  "Adobe will continue to protect its copyright interests and
   those of its customers."

For Yet Another Adobe-is-a-bunch-of-hapless-bagbiters article, see
http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2001/7/24/21255/9332

--R

P.S.: Look Ma! I'm criticizing the EFF for rolling over! Why isn't
anyone else?
--
Rusty Foster :: rusty@kuro5hin.org :: http://www.kuro5hin.org

[23:51:03] <Inoshiro> I was all over that nag