[linux-elitists] Spam filter catches Dmitry mail

Aaron Sherman ajs@ajs.com
Sat Jul 21 20:29:41 PDT 2001

On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 04:03:33PM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> on Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 01:17:53PM -0400, Aaron Sherman (ajs@ajs.com) wrote:

> > First off my appologies. I will modify my filters so that they don't
> > send to l-e. This was something I just did yesterday.

> My own experience is that autoresponders are more trouble than they're
> worth.  The spammers don't care (or don't receive the spam), the
> misfires get you in a lot of hot water.  Best bet:  filter and apply a
> manual (or semi-automatic) process to spam.

I agree. Spammers don't care. I'm counting on it. If they cared, they'd
take my response and apply my "work-around". Instead, only people who
should not have had their mail caught will pay attention to this.

It's funny, though, how many of my auto-responses go to me, because of
bogus headers.... ;-)

> I've used 'spam.pl' and 'ricochet', both perl-based scripts fro
> disposing of spam.  Under Mutt, it's possible to tag a slew of messages
> and hit them all in one swell foop.

I need to do this before the MUA because I might be using a local
MUA (mutt) or a remote IMAP-based MUA (Mozilla) or might re-deliver
through SSH/IMAP (fetchmail).

--
Aaron Sherman
ajs@ajs.com		finger ajskey@b5.ajs.com for GPG info. Fingerprint: